The University Career Center offers many recruiting options for employers to build their organization’s visibility on campus.
COVID-19 Update: All events run through our office for the Fall 2020 semester must be virtual. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on hosting a virtual recruitment event.
Below we have listed our standard options to connect with students and alumni on campus. If you would like to pursue any of these or have custom requests, please reach out to the Employer Relations team at email@example.com.
We encourage you to consider hosting an on-campus information session. This is a very effective way to market your organization to students and provide information about any open job or internship positions you may have. Info sessions can be hosted throughout the academic year, from September – November for the fall Semester, and from February through April for the Spring semester.
Info sessions must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance, though we encourage scheduling the event as soon as possible to leave ample time to promote the event and encourage attendance.
If your information session is in conjunction with your on-campus interview schedule, it still must be scheduled in advance, but can occur any time prior to your interview date. The event can be promoted to the students as an “open” session, which is open to any and all interested students, or as a “closed” session open only to those with whom you have scheduled interviews. You may discuss these options with the Employer Relations Coordinator.
We encourage employers to provide refreshments and snacks for students in attendance. Only UT Dallas students and alumni who are registered with the UT Dallas University Career Center through the Handshake system are permitted to attend the info session.
Cancellation of scheduled information sessions must be made at least three (3) business days prior to the event.
Lunch with a Pro
Another great way to network with students is to take advantage of one of our great student engagement opportunities, Lunch with a Pro! Available on select afternoons throughout the semester, employers can meet with small groups of students. This event must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance to allow for students to sign up. Lunch is provided by employers. If you would like to utilize the university’s catering services, please contact Chartwells.
A Student Union Recruiting Table is available for employers to present information about employment opportunities posted through Handshake. A one-week advance notice is required to reserve the table, and is limited to one employer and two representatives per day.
The Student Union charges a no-show fee of $100 per reservation. If you need to cancel your reservation, please contact the Employer Relations team at least (2) business days in advance of your reservation to avoid paying a fee.
The UT Dallas University Career Center facility includes private interview rooms that can be utilized at various times throughout the year. We would be pleased to host you for On-Campus Interviews!
Scheduling On-Campus Interviews
- Set a date – Typically on-campus recruitment occurs September through November and February through April. However, employers are invited to recruit throughout the year at UT Dallas. To reserve an on-campus interview date, contact the University Career Center at least two weeks before your desired date to allow plenty of time to complete all steps of the process.
- Provide a Job Description – After the date has been reserved, you will work through Handshake, the University Career Center’s online recruiting database, to complete a schedule request form. On this form, employers will provide a detailed job description and screening criteria.
- Choose an Interview Option – There are four options for selecting your candidates:
- Pre-Select Schedule – Students who meet the job requirements can submit an interview request by submitting a resume. Employers review interview requests and make decisions on all interview candidates. Accepted candidates must wait to sign up for an interview once the sign-up date is reached. *This is the most common and popular option.
- Rooms Only – The employer will be making their own interview schedule (for example, from a career expo). This is to simply reserve interview room space. Resume submissions via Handshake are not needed.
The University Career Center handles the rest! If desired, send us your recruiting literature, employment applications and other materials at least one week before your interview date.
Only UT Dallas students and alumni who are registered with the UT Dallas University Career Center through the Handshake system are permitted to participate in the on-campus interviewing program. Since students must have an account with Handshake to view your on-campus schedule, encourage all UT Dallas students you wish to interview to register for an account.
Mock interviews are held each semester to give students the opportunity to practice their interviewing skills with real industry professionals. Students are given feedback on their resume and how to improve their interviewing skills, so employers can be directly involved in prepping students.
Our large and industry specific career fairs bring together students, alumni and employers for networking, recruiting and career conversations. We host a variety of career fairs in order to gain exposure to the entire student population.
UT Dallas is home to over 350 registered student organizations – from academics, arts, music, sports, cultural, educational, political, religious, service, Greek, and spirit organizations. If you are interested in connecting with student organizations on campus, you can reach out to these student organizations through the student organization directory. If you have questions about student organizations on campus, please contact the Student Organization Center.
Special Networking Events
Networking with our students is a great way to promote your company and engage with the best and brightest Dallas has to offer! The University Career Center can host topic-specific employer events not already offered among our student engagement opportunities. These included, but are not limited to, etiquette dinners, speed networking, employer industry panels, and more!