Do you have jobs and internships that you would like to make available to students and alumni?
The University Career Center is powered by Handshake, offering a robust platform for posting available positions, listing upcoming networking and recruiting events and setting up on-campus interviews. The best part is your one account will allow you to interact with all institutions within the Handshake network.
Creating a Handshake Account
To get started you will need to create an account, create or connect to your company, and choose the schools you wish to connect with. Click the button below to get started, or see step be step instruction in the Handshake Help Center.
Existing Account Holders
If you already have an account on Handshake, but are not connected with The University of Texas at Dallas, you can follow these steps to request approval on behalf of your company. We approve all requests in the order they arrive.
Employer & Job Approvals
We have institutional guidelines for approving companies and individual job posting. Please see the best practices below to ensure your requests are not delayed.
Best Practices for Employer Profile Approval
In order to receive employer account approval in Handshake, the employer profile must be filled out completely and include:
- A complete physical business address.
- A functioning company website.
- An employer email that reflects, or is listed the company website, or domain (Personal email addresses are usually associated with fraudulent opportunities and therefore, not approved).
- A company phone number.
Best Practices for Job Post Approval
Job listings or position descriptions posted in Handshake must include the following:
- Company information.
- A detailed position description, including position responsibilities.
- Candidate qualifications.
- Duration of the position (temporary or permanent).
- Application start and end dates.
Postings which include the following elements will not be approved:
- A position that requires financial investment or a fee for placement or travel expenses.
- An employment opportunity, which involves on-campus solicitation or on-campus sales (i.e.: Campus/Brand Ambassadors, Campus Representatives).
- Advertisements for events, competitions or contests.
- Requests for personal information prior to hire such as social security #, date of birth, home address, or photograph.
- Work which takes place within the employer’s place of residence.
- Doesn’t comply with Equal Employment Opportunity Statement.
Please note that we are an equal opportunity/affirmative action university.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by the university on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We are committed to the Professional Standards of Conduct outlined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
By submitting your jobs or receiving resumes, you are confirming that you are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and that you agree to abide by the NACE Professional Standards of Conduct.