The University Career Center (UCC) offers many virtual and in-person recruiting options for employers to build their organization’s visibility on campus. Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, recruiting through the UCC will be 100% virtual for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters.
Below we have listed some ways you can connect with our students and alumni. If you would like to pursue any of these or have custom requests, please reach out to the Employer Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|February 18||Comets Serving the Metroplex||More Info|
|February 24||Public Service & Education Career Fair||More Info|
|February 26||All-Majors Internship Fair||More Info|
|March 3||S.T.E.A.M. Career Fair||More Info|
|March 10||Health Professions Career Fair||More Info|
|April 14||Just in Time Career Fair||More Info|
|April 15||Part-time Opportunities Job Fair||More Info|
Aside from the established events listed above, there are several ways you can engage with the UTD community. Below are some of the standard offerings, but we are always open to custom requests. Please contact our team at email@example.com for more information or inquiries.
Virtual Info Sessions
We encourage you to consider hosting a virtual information session. This is a very effective way to market your organization to students and provide information about any open job or internship positions you may have. Virtual info sessions can be hosted throughout the academic year.
Info sessions must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance, though we encourage scheduling the event as soon as possible to leave ample time to promote the event and encourage attendance.
If your information session is in conjunction with your virtual interview schedule, it still must be scheduled in advance, but can occur any time prior to your interview date. The event can be promoted to the students as an “open” session, which is open to any and all interested students, or as a “closed” session open only to those with whom you have scheduled interviews. You may discuss these options with the Employer Relations team.
Only UT Dallas students and alumni who are registered with the UT Dallas University Career Center through the Handshake system are permitted to attend the info session.
Cancellation of scheduled information sessions must be made at least three (3) business days prior to the event.
We would be pleased to facilitate virtual interview rooms utilizing Microsoft Teams for your organization during the Fall 2020 semester. Employers may also use their own video conferencing platform for virtual interviews.
- Set a date – Typically on-campus recruitment occurs September through November and February through April. However, employers are invited to recruit throughout the year at UT Dallas. To reserve a virtual/on-campus interview date, contact the University Career Center at least two weeks before your desired date to allow plenty of time to complete all steps of the process.
- Provide a Job Description – After the date has been reserved, you will work through Handshake, the University Career Center’s online recruiting database, to complete a schedule request form. On this form, employers will provide a detailed job description and screening criteria.
- Choose an Interview Option – There are various options for selecting your candidates. Below are our most popular interview options:
- Pre-Select Schedule – Students who meet the job requirements can submit an interview request by submitting a resume. Employers review interview requests and make decisions on all interview candidates. Accepted candidates must wait to sign-up for an interview once the sign-up date is reached. *This is the most common and popular option.
- Rooms Only – The employer will be making their own interview schedule (for example, from a career fair). This is to simply reserve a virtual interview room. Resume submissions via Handshake are not needed.
Only UT Dallas students and alumni who are registered with the UT Dallas University Career Center through the Handshake system are permitted to participate in the on-campus interviewing program. Since students must have an account with Handshake to view your on-campus schedule, encourage all UT Dallas students you wish to interview to register for an account.
Mock interviews are held each semester to give students the opportunity to practice their interviewing skills with real industry professionals. Students are given feedback on their resume and how to improve their interviewing skills, so employers can be directly involved in prepping students.
Virtual Career Fairs
Our large, virtual, industry-specific career fairs bring together students, alumni and employers for networking, recruiting and career conversations. We host a variety of virtual career fairs utilizing the Handshake Virtual Fairs platform in order to gain exposure to the entire student population. All scheduled career fairs are listed in the events calendar above.
UT Dallas is home to over 350 registered student organizations – from academics, arts, music, sports, cultural, educational, political, religious, service, Greek, and spirit organizations. If you are interested in connecting with student organizations on campus, you can reach out to these student organizations through the student organization directory. If you have questions about student organizations on campus, please contact the Student Organization Center.
Special Networking Events
Networking with our students is a great way to promote your company and engage with the best and brightest Dallas has to offer! The University Career Center can host topic-specific employer events not already offered among our student engagement opportunities, such as speed networking, employer industry panels, and more!
Use Handshake to search jobs & internships, book appointments, register for events and more.
Students: You already have an account. Log in using your NetID & Password.
Alumni: Log in or create an account using your personal email address. Must provide NetID during account setup.
Employers: Connect with UTD through Handshake to post jobs, events, and interviews.